You can use this swimming pool heat pump calculator to give you a clear and direct indication of what size swimming pool heat pump you would require for your swimming pool heating needs.
You would need to know the following information for the calculator to work.
- What is the length of your swimming pool?
- What is the Width of your swimming pool?
- What is the Average depth of the swimming pool (combine the shallow and deep ends of the pool and divide by two)
- A simple example would be a pool that is 850mm deep at the shallow end and 1.4m deep at the deep end. Then take 0.85+1.4= 2.25m /2 = 1.125m Is the average depth of the pool.
- What is the ambient air temperature around the pool? (you can use the average air temperature)
- What is the desired water temperature you would like the pool to be?
- How long do you want to wait before the water reaches the desired temperature?
The calculator will calculate the volume and surface area of the pool as well as the heating capacity required. Please bare in mind that the heating capacity given on the calculator is the output capacity of the heatpump and not the input. Refer to the heatpump specifications on the website for the input load consumption.
The calculator also gives a clear and direct indication of the difference in heating capacity required with and without a pool blanket. In general and for most pools we have calculated the below for ease and convenience. If your pool specifications are not seen below, please download our excel calculator to calculate what size swimming pool heatpump you would need.
Click on the download button below to download the calculator.